Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review
2,976 Reviews

Good, but could be better!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Cookiebun

• Sail Date: Jul 2014
  • Destination: Bermuda

I have taken this sailing several times before. This was the first time I was able to see how handicapped are handled as my 97 year old grandmother travelled with us using her wheelchair (sometimes scooter). I was disappointed initially with how gram's wheelchair was handled with the staff. The staff in the dining rooms seemed put out by having to work around or deal with her chair. As the week progressed, it became a little more "accepted" and convenient getting to the tables and storing her chair/scooter.

The staff in the Blue Lagoon went above and beyond to help gram. She would go there for breakfast in the morning and they would get her food from the buffet for her.

I think the only other disappointment of the sailing was how little I saw of the hotel director, Alain. I do understand that he was transferring his position during this week though. He was leaving the ship when we did. On previous sailings, I have become accustomed to seeing the hotel director often and everywhere.

Now on to the MANY things I did enjoy...

Cruise Director Armen was great! He was visible and participated in events/activities during the week. He seemed very approachable and very friendly. Exactly what I would hope for in a CD.

Executive Chef Noriel made our cruise so enjoyable. I was able to speak with him several times over the week. He always had a smile and helped us plan where to eat and when. lol My fiance inquired about the lack of cold soups on any menus anymore. Chef Noriel proceeded to put chilled watermelon soup on the buffet the next day!!!! Absolutely made my fiance's day!

Magician Christian was thoroughly entertaining. I would watch his show every night if it was an option!

The cruise director's staff was fantastic at the various activities. Leslie, Big Ben, Shelly, Bianca and Joey were so fun to spend time with doing activities. I personally am not a fan of Bingo, but I went with my grandmother to each session, and the CD Staff made it tolerable for me (that's a huge compliment for bingo!). Leslie was my favorite trivia leader and Joey was funny in the pub crawl (and everything he did).

My cabin steward was Putu... he was the best cabin steward I have had in several sailings. I know they are all friendly, but Putu just seemed more genuine to me. He gave us fantastic towel animals (sometimes twice a day!!!).

Finally, I found Captain Martin was one of the friendliest Captains I have had the opportunity to chat with. He was even kind enough to come down to a lower level to take pictures with my grandmother who was unable to get up to his location. Wonderful!

I love this itinerary so much, I do it whenever I get the chance. This crew made it enjoyable, thank you NCL!

Cookiebun's Full Rating Summary

This cabin is in a fantastic location. Only a few cabins from the forward elevator. Directly above the Stardust Theater, so by 10pm there was usually no noise in the area. The balcony was slightly enclosed, but still had a fantastic view!

Cookiebun