• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Texashon
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jul 2014
Cabin:

My friend and I took the Paris & Heart of Normandy Tour departing July 4. I was disappointed with this tour and have already advised at least three people who were considering Viking to go with a different cruise line.

First, my friend and I had a problem getting updates and documentation. One of us lives in NYC and the other in Houston. First, all emails were sent to Texas, even though several of them should have been directed to NYC, then, when documentation was sent, it all went to NYC. Only after calling and having duplicate documentation sent did Texas receive paperwork.

We booked transfers through Viking. My flight arrived, and I found the Viking rep with no problem. However, seven people were supposed to have arrived, but I was the only one. I had to wait for 40 minutes and finally, when the other six had not yet arrived, I said that I was tired of waiting and wanted to go to the ship. Otherwise, I would have still been sitting at the airport. I was tired, having flown from Houston, my friend had arrived in Paris hours earlier, and it wasn't my fault about the other people.

Cabins are small. The upgrade to the main deck, which cost more, didn't mean a bigger room. It just meant you were a little closer to the dining room and could open your window, which it was too cold to do anyway,

Find a Viking Neptune Cruise from $6,078