• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

asoutherngal
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2007
Cabin: Balcony

This was my third cruise on Carnival. I have cruised several other lines and after much internal turmoil and debate, finally decided to try Carnival for the first time in 2002 on an Alaskan cruise which turned out to be a great experience. It was not until 2006 that I "braved" the threat of a raucous crowd on a Bahamas cruise on Carnival. Again, I enjoyed this cruise very much and was pleasantly surprised to find that there was no outrageous behavior from my fellow shipmates on this 4 day cruise. I am a very young 61 year old and generally travel with a friend who is in her late 70's and has been on over 25 cruises and had refused to try Carnival. After listening to me, she finally decided to give Carnival a try on this cruise. I was very concerned about how she would fare on this cruise and I will tell all of you that she was delighted with the experience and will probably go on another cruise with Carnival within the next 12 months.

We were on the 2/12 sailing of the Legend to the Southern Caribbean. After spending a couple of days in Ft. Lauderdale prior to the cruise, we arrived at the port around 11:30 a.m. on Monday for departure. We were onboard and on the Lido deck for lunch by 12:15. Check-in and boarding was well organized and quick.

Our room was ready before 1:30 p.m. and all three suitcases were delivered before 3:00 p.m. The balcony room was immaculate and stayed that way throughout the cruises. We met our wonderful steward, Delvin from St. Vincent, around 5:00 p.m. on embarkation day. He went over his work schedule, instructed us on how to contact him when he was on duty and on how to get assistance when he was not on duty. Throughout the eight days, he was absolutely terrific. We had a problem with the electrical outlet in our room one evening and it was repaired within a couple of hours—far exceeded my expectations!!!

Balcony