3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)

We recently spent 2 fantastic nights on the QM2 . We have cruised many times before but this was our first with Cunard . I have to say that having read all the negatives on this site my expectations were not that high .We regularly stay in 5* hotels and eat in good restaurants so we expect a certain standard .

Ok the Kings Court buffet is a bit canteen like , but the food was good , fresh and a good choice. We also ate in the Britannia restaurant and again this was very good , some of the service was a little lapse and I was given a wrong drink , but lighten up people , relax and enjoy yourselves.

Our balcony room was fine , clean and well looked after , bathroom was quite small but fine.

Some people say the ship is tired looking ..... its a liner not a cruising resort, it looks traditional and elegant , if it was all ritzy and flashing lights people would moan about that too.

Staff were pleasant and helpful.Some of the activities were not to our taste and I think 5 days on a transatlantic crossing maybe a bit boring personally but on the whole you have to try it , and make your own mind up , some of the negatives on here really do not reflect the ship at all .

Judge for yourself !!