• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jun 2014
Cabin:
Traveled with children

This was a true family cruise with my adult children and teenage grandchildren. We are familiar with RCCL and this cruise lived up to all expectations. Had 2 adjoining Junior Suites and opening the balcony partition allowed us to move back and forth with ease. I roomed with my 16 yo. granddaughter and 14 yo grandson. The walk in closet gave us an additional dressing area.

The dining room staff was excellent and went out of their way to provide any requests. We did find lunch service in the dining room slow but I do not care for buffets.

The embarkation and debarcation was very easy as most of the other people got on and off in Barcelona. All but 1 of our shore excursions were booked through RCCL before we sailed as private excursions. Though more expensive than the large groups from the ship, we got personal attention and the tours were planned according to our wishes.

Cabin was spacious with wonderful walk in closet. Grandson slept on sofa which he said was good. Do wish there was a real refrigerator as I had pre ordered a case of bottled water. Our cabin attendant did keep it iced down in a wine bucket.

Port Reviews

Marseille

Only port with tour. Just wanted an easy day. Did dothe Hop oh Hop off bus. Opted to get cab into town rather than boat shuttle. Difficult getting cab back to ship.Prefer docking in Toulon.

previous reviewnext review