3. Liberty of the Seas

The first issue was that we were not able to stop at Marseilles due to a dockworkers strike. We did get port fees and tours refunded. When this happened on another cruise line, we received an OBC and they added another port.

This was our first time using My TIme Dining -- first night was amazing -- wonderful service by the window. It went down hill from there. We were a family of 5 -- and placed often between 2 larger tables -- where once in, could not get out -- and often forgotten by the waiters. First time this happened but it happened most nights - not impressed with my time dining.

We ordered room service one morning because we had an early excursion -- it never came -- we called 3 times -- response was 5 minutes. We left - it was never delivered. Our room steward took it upon herself to follow-up we did get some chocolate covered strawberries but did not feel comfortable trying room service again.

We bought some limoncello at the Naples port -- which of course we had to check. Royal did not have an easy area to get to the table to check resulting in my husband dropping and breaking the bottle. We could not replace this item. Poor process on Royal's part.

Our biggest issue was actually with Crown and Anchor Society -- we are platinum but had never attended an event. We tried to attend the Welcome Back part -- attire was casual that night. The staff blocking the door not only told us we could not go in but was very demeaning toward us. We had returned late from a tour and my husband happened to be wearing shorts. Granted this was Europe but shorts had not been a problem in the past in the dining room. We stopped at Guest Services to complain - he apologized for the rude behavior but told my husband he would not be allowed in the event or the dining room. My husband changed -- we went to dinner where we witnessed several men in shorts. Royal needs to clean up its conflicting policies.

Overall it was a great family cruise -- we enjoyed it -- however, we did not receive the level of service that RC has provided in the past and we had come to expect. Our room and room steward were awesome though.

Loyal to Royal but questioning after our first European cruise

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by ohiorosetta

ohiorosetta’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 10 to 12

This room was amazing. We had a Family Oceanview Stateroom in the past. This stateroom had a lot more room with a view of the promenade. We did hear the parades on the Promenade because the bridge was next to our window. However, it was not that troublesome. The room had a walk-in closet and bathtub shower (unlike the oceanview stateroom). I would highly recommend this cabin if you have a family (5-6 people) -- RC does not release many of these cabins.

Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans