• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Seven Seas Voyager Review

Editor Rating
49 Awards

We are Regent fans forever, because of this cruise.

Review for Seven Seas Voyager to the Baltic Sea
jgray37000
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jun 2014
Cabin:

This cruise was our first...booked at the last minute as a "shake-down cruise" to familiarize ourselves with cruising prior to a 15-day cruise we had booked for Autumn. I chose Regent because of an ad in "Travel and Leisure" magazine, and I am so glad I did. We booked a Penthouse-level suite, and so had Business Class Air and a pre-trip hotel in Copenhagen as part of the package.

Regent offered Icelandia Airlines Business Class, but my research indicated we would be disappointed with them, so we upgraded (for $2500! Seemed like a lot, to me. Regent must get REALLY cheap "business class" tickets!) to Air Canada, which flew us non-stop to CPH. A Regent agent met us at CPH and seamlessly organized our transfer to the Marriott Hotel. Our room was lovely and very comfortable. We took a canal boat tour that first day, arranged through the hotel concierge, and enjoyed it very much. The next morning, Regent picked up our baggage to take to the ship, and provided us with a very nice coach tour of Copenhagen.

Once on the ship, Regent gallantly helped my husband, who does not walk strongly, up the long gangplank on one of their wheelchairs. We were soon in our comfortable handicapped-equipped suite, being greeted by our wonderful butler, Samir. He introduced us to various features of the suite and the ship, and looked after us SO efficiently for our entire trip. As much as anything, he sold us on Regent!

This "Handicapped" suite was very comfortable and very well laid out. I especially liked the window over the computer desk and the adjacent well-lighted vanity desk. The alarm clock was a very nice touch, as were the reading lights over the bed. Negatives? Well, it's not very comfortable to sit on the sofa and look sideways at the TV while watching a movie, a second chair would have been nice. Also, I am 5'4" and could not reach the glasses on the top shelf over the bar. Yes, I know I could have called Samir, but it was late and i didn't want to disturb him for such a small thing.BTW, every day, probably on instructions, he took away perfectly good fruit and replaced it. Seemed like a waste!

Port Reviews

Tallinn

The tours all required too much strenuous walking for my husband. It would have been nice if the shuttle took us into the old section of town, where i read there was a market square, etc. We could have sat there and absorbed the life of the town. But the shuttle stopped too far away for even i to walk it.

Helsinki

The cruise was very nice, though we had no idea where we were on the map we were given, Actually, I think we were OFF the map most of the time. The guide with the English accent was charming, informative and wryly funny. We enjoyed her very much. The Market was colorful and interesting and I spent a lot of money! The "shuttle" back to the ship was nowhere to be found, but luckily i shared a cab with some other passengers who took pity on me,,,I had no local money and it was too far for me to walk.

Find a Seven Seas Voyager Cruise from $4,999