3. Carnival Sensation

If you are expecting a quiet vacation aboard a ship with quality service while you sail across pristine ocean waters. Forget this one. We are first time cruisers who usually vacation on land at all inclusive resorts. We have heard only wonderful things about cruises from our friends and family and we decided to finally try it. When a good deal for a 4 night cruise to Bahamas on the carnival sensation came up we took the plunge. This is my review in a nut shell.

A few things you should know you're getting into:

-screaming kids

-1 pool and 2500 cruisers, make for a standing room only pool

-almost no personal service!

-excessive drinkers and smokers

-all you can eat buffet style food (not good)

-unfriendly staff that speak very little English

-beach excursion a rip off! (Told not to drink the fountain water, then wanted to charge us 5.00 for 1 bottle of water) 4.5 hours trip n offered us no water!

I know this is petty but you should also know:

-a lot of exposed hairy bellies n tattoos

-Un supervised kids

-70's disco style ship decor..I really don't know what the decorative theme was

On the positive:

-nice passengers

-teenagers seem to be having a ball!

-quick n easy getting on n off boat

Know what you're getting into

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by dparker

• Sail Date: July 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas

A few things you should know you're getting into:

-screaming kids

-1 pool and 2500 cruisers, make for a standing room only pool

-almost no personal service!

-excessive drinkers and smokers

-all you can eat buffet style food (not good)

-unfriendly staff that speak very little English

I know this is petty but you should also know:

-a lot of exposed hairy bellies n tattoos

-Un supervised kids

-70's disco style ship decor..I really don't know what the decorative theme was

On the positive:

-nice passengers

-teenagers seem to be having a ball!

-quick n easy getting on n off boat

dparker’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9

Cabin m53

Tight quarters. We heard the crew working on the other side of the wall. Dark, gloomy. My daughter threw up everywhere. Housekeeping took 2.5 hours to clean it up.

Carnival Sensation Deck Plans