• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Friscojoyce
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2014
Cabin:

This was definitely a cruise I should have used cruise critic. I always do, except here. Never again. We booked Normandy, Loch Ness, Jameson brewery & tour of coastal Belfast. All were an A+. I recommend each one. We took the hop on, hop off buses in the rest of the cities. ...ripped off. ..at least a 1/3 more in cost. When I got back and complained, she said she checked and they weren't that much off. I was there...I think she forgot. Get tickets in the city. Ruby Princess gave us erroneous information on shuttles. We paid about $130 for bus into Edinburgh...shuttles were about3.5 lbs. Yes, we were ripped off. Then in Glasgow they told us they had shuttles..au contra ire. We hoofed it to the train station and went into Glasgow. My husband thinks Glasgow was the best; I think Edinburgh..where we did hop on, hop off. I recommend anytime seating. We really enjoyed that and ended up sitting at the same table most of the nights. Some dressed in suits at formal night and pretty casual on the rest. Invergordon was such a neat place. Oh, plan on getting off at ports and taking your iPad or connection as the wiFi is horrid. We signed up, and canceled as it took me 14 minutes to connect (I was paying time) and then I still couldn't get thru. They shouldn't even offer it, it is so bad. I was really surprised; however, I just took our iPad and you can always see where the free wiFi is because of the crowds...no problem. Weather was not bad..overcast but it only rained twice..5 min. in Normandy/Arromanches) and about 15 on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. The blonde on the tour desk is great. She works hard to get you what you want..other not so hot.

Cabin was a little small as it backed up to an elevator. However, it was EXTREMELY convenient and worth the sacrifice. Take your own shampoo-there's is awful. A walking stick might be useful at the beginning if you are seeing castles. My knees were screaming in two days.

previous reviewnext review