• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

guysdolls66
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2014
Cabin:

We (my wife and I) just completed a 26 day cruise on the Brilliance of the seas, then had two weeks home and then went on to the Carnival Freedom for an 8 day cruise. I thought some might find a comparison between the two ships interesting.

Cabin:

We bought similar Cabins on both ships, and the size of the two cabins was about the same (I didn’t bring a ruler, so I didn’t do any measurements); also the size of the balconies was about the same. However, there was a big difference in the size of the beds. The bed on the Brilliance was smaller than the bed on the Carnival Freedom. The bed on the Brilliance has very rounded corners, which makes the bed much smaller at the outside edges, so if you are near six feet tall, and sleep at the edge of the bed, your feet stick off of the bed. Also the bed on the Brilliance was narrower than the one on the Carnival Freedom. The bed on the Carnival Freedom has slightly rounded corners (like our bed at home), and so if you sleep on the edge of the bed, your feet stay on the bed. Also, we both thought the bed on the Carnival Freedom was more comfortable than the bed on the Brilliance of the Seas.

1 Helpful Vote