3. Majesty of the Seas

As a "seasoned" cruiser with 7 cruises under my belt, I expected a spectacular 4 night quick cruise with our family to kick off the summer with our friends and their kids. There were 8 of us traveling together ... 4 kids (13,10,10,9) and 4 adults. We usually love RCCL ships and the experience with them. THIS SHIP IS TERRIBLE!!!!! Old and rusty, under maintained, inexperienced staff, and chaotic are the words I would use to describe our experience.

For starters, the ship boarding was delayed for 4 hours. Once we finally got onto the ship, none of the staff knew what was going on. No food was available. The guy working at Sorrento's pizza was unsure if he should make any more pizzas and had a crowd of at least 75 people standing around. Mandatory Muster drill took 1 hour and 15 minutes. A little boy next to us passed out and busted his face open. Ridiculous!

The rooms are dingy and old. The bathrooms are rusty and gross. We stayed in room 5509 and our friend stayed in 5511. The ice cream machine was ALWAYS broken or empty. The 2 "hot tubs" on board were disgusting and did not produce bubbles. The "sports deck" is old and dirty with rusted out ping pong tables. Everything was broken and there was virtually no seating at the sports deck for anyone wanting to relax and watch activities. The public bathrooms were always out of toilet paper.

Dinner service was crowed. The food is always good on RCCL. Dining room service was pleasant as expected but not spectacular.

The excursion desk sold us tickets to Atlantis waterpark ($438 per family x 2) at 9:45am on the morning of 6/10/14. We took the assigned shuttle and as soon as we got there they closed the park. We came back on board and visited Guest Services, they advised us we would receive 100% of our $$$ back, but had to visit Excursions for the refund. Excursion desk opened several hours later and we presented with our case. Excursion desk told us that they could only refund 20% of our money back because that's what Atlantis is allowing. Whaaaaaat!!!!!???? With boiling blood (we've just spent almost $1k both families on a closed excursion) I demanded all of our $$$ back. They refused to deal with the situation and sent me on my way. We did not want to spend another cent on this boat!!!!! And it was only the 2nd day! The ship's staff is inexperienced and unpolished.

In summary, we had a terrible experience with customer service, the ship is old, crusty, and gross. I wrote to RCCL and demanded my $$$ back. We will cruise again with RCCL, however, I would strongly advise anyone looking for a short vacation to look elsewhere. Don't waste your money!

Extremely disappointed and angry

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by livingliferight

• Sail Date: June 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas

livingliferight’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12

Stateroom was old and rusty. Power outlets were "loose". Black mold in the bathroom. Carpet and linens were old.

Majesty of the Seas Deck Plans