3. Oasis of the Seas
My friends and I decided to go on a cruise for our graduation celebration and we chose the biggest ship out there as our maiden voyage on the seas. Three of us, who are in our early twenties, were about to get the best and worst service from the Oasis. As a first time cruise traveler, I didn't have much expectations and I went on board with open minds. What we didn't expect was that we weren't that welcomed on some parts of the ship. The Good: We simply loved the choices of dining and entertainment options on board. We booked our shows ahead of time so we didn't have to wait in line. There were comedy shows, diving shows, skating shows and musicals. There were so many places for food that the problem is what should we eat next? Our designated servers Ronnie and Randy were the best! They always made us laugh and brought extra food for us to try. Did I forget to mention there is a carousel and zip-lining on board too?? The BAD: This part of the review is for those people in our age group --> early twenties who are of legal age yet not old enough to have retirement funds to splurge on the ship. As mentioned before, we were not welcomed at certain parts of the ship. Namely, the Vitality Spa, Guest Services and shopping kiosks. We sailed on the Oasis on the week before Mother's Day and I wanted to buy a watch for my mom. I was browsing for watches at the shopping kiosk and wanted to ask the sales rep Johnny if there were watches with rectangular styles. He never looked up at me and quickly snapped "No" without looking up from the computer screen. His lack of attention made me felt discouraged and I walked away without buying anything. When I looked back at the same kiosk, good old Johnny was promptly helping an older customer and retrieving watches from other kiosks. Never again did I went back to Johnny for help. My friends and I were interested in the complimentary consultations that the spa offered and wanted to try it out. Unfortunately, nearly every time we were there we had gotten unfriendly looks and no service whatsoever. The staff gave us the impression that we were not worth any of the time because we were too young and unaccompanied by adults. One specific incident was that we attended the complimentary hair styling consultation (Finally!!) and the presenter had told us that she would give us all a 1-on-1 consultation after the presentation. However, not only did she had sat us down at the salon and proceeded to bring other ladies to the salon and served them first. Even the ones that had clearly came to the presentation later than us were helped first. We had sat patiently for her to finish with the first lady she brought in, but when she brought in another lady without clearly explaining to us why, we decided to leave. She expressed no sign of remorse and simply asked us if we were sure we wanted to leave. We left feeling very mistreated and wanted to go to guest services to provide some feedback. We hoped that future improvements could be made and no one else have to feel the way we did. It was to our understanding that RC really valued passenger feedback (or so we thought) We approached a guest service agent who previously helped us. We went to him and inquired about filing a complaint and our inquiry got answered with an inappropriate act of jest. The guest services agent, Alexander, answered our concerns with, "We don't want any complaints, no complaints!" At his point, no one was laughing and it felt like adding fuel to the fire. We can understand he was trying to lighten up the mood, however, given our obvious frustration, it was not helping. We did some self reflection and thought if it was our problem that caused these mistreatment. We were polite where every we go. We said our please and thank you. We were never rude or obnoxious or disruptive. How does those sales staff determine in advance if us "kids" can afford the services and goods they offer? Were those staff trained in advance to just go for the old and rich and ignore the young and jobless? To be honest, even though we are fresh grads, we all hold stable jobs and definitely can afford the services and goods on board. It just didn't make sense to us why we got this kind of treatment from a company like Royal Caribbean. From this experience, I learned the following lessons: 1. Never go back to Royal Caribbean unless you (who is of legal age of an adult) are accompanied with an adult (who are of age groups 40+) 2. Never go on board without flashy jewelry and name brand goods 3. Just simply don't go back on a RC cruise until you are of retirement age

Hopeful Yet Disappointed

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by TyTy1990

From this experience, I learned the following lessons:
2. Never go on board without flashy jewelry and name brand goods