3. Brilliance of the Seas
I have cruised well over 300 days with five different cruise lines. I would not define this cruise as a true trans Atlantic experience but as a repositioning crossing the Atlantic. The venues for daytime were too small to accommodate the passengers. One would have to arrive at the Cinema at least an hour early to get a seat. It wasn't much better for the performances in the other theatre in the evening. They played the same 3 or 4 movies over again and again from the ta to the Baltic. The acrobatic act was held in the Centrum, which again one would have to grab a seat way early or end up trying to see over everyone standing. The Brilliance had one lecturer for the crossing. It is obvious the money is spent on nightly entertainment which was very good but made for some real long days. I boarded in Boston but paid as I should for the cruise from Tampa. When I went to the dining room on my first night I was behind another woman who had just come on the ship. We were told even though we both had confirmed early dining we were out of luck because the My Time Dining folks had filled our seats. After I persisited to get a seat he finally found me a table. The other woman had walked away in a fury.Nothing says welcome more than a curt greeting like his. Ironically I ended up for half of my dinners in the Windjammer because I found the food so bad in the main dinning room. I have never preferred the WJ but the Mongolian stir fry was better than most dishes served. I had maybe 3 beef entrees and the same with the chicken that were OK in the dinning room. The wait table staff were very accomadating but they do not prepare the food. Is the food so bad in the dinning room because there are hoping that you will go to the alternative restaurants for a sizeable fee for a decent meal? Any passenger who has gone to another ships Library is in for a real shock on the Brilliance. The Library consists of one ugly, small breakfront with a few very used paperbacks. I know the noro excuse about books available but this was before the sickness struck. Having a decent selection of books helps for a crossing. I did take a picture of the library sign and the bookcase for laughs. I am sure the corporate people at RCCL know their passengers. One can tell a lot about a cruise line by their loyalty program. When I first saw the cost for the crossing I thought it was too good to be true and it was. It was my first experience of having to pay for shuttles into town. Other lines I had been on provided that for their passengers. Every time I turned around I was nickel and dimed. If you are not a Diamond member you don't even get lotion in your cabin. RCCL uses Choice Air and says that they provide "arrival assurance". I won't even get into the nightmare waiting for my husband to join me in Harwich for the Baltic cruise. Imagine waiting for a loved one who never arrives and no one on the ship informs you of emails received by my family that his flight had been canceled. He didn't arrive at the next port either. The third try worked. Assurance Arrival alright but after how many missed days and lost money. Even the fans of RCCL said that there was a lot of misinformation on that voyage. The constant spraying for the noro did cause some problems I haven't seen addressed. There were passengers complaining about the difficulty in breathing and told that it was the only thing the ship's staff could do to prevent more outbreaks. I know it was very difficult on the crew. They worked very hard to tamp the disease down. I wonder if other passengers got the bleeding in their sinus lining I did after breathing so many days of that stuff. All the glass ended up looking filthy and runny. The faux wood grain was wet much of the time. Embarkation and disembarkation were pretty smooth. Clo the cruise director was excellent. Very good room stewards and dining staff. Nice cabin. My return trans-Atlantic was a lovely voyage. I half expected all the lines had declined as I had found RCCL. Heck, I even got hand lotion, shower cap and real soap. My hair didn't look like I had washed it in Clorox for 22 days. I paid for my alcohol which didn't add up to $64pp a day like the Brilliance alcohol program. If one is paying that amount most drink well over the charged rate. Makes for some very interesting passenger interactions.

My worst cruise experience

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by steeragelady

Embarkation and disembarkation were pretty smooth.
Clo the cruise director was excellent.
Very good room stewards and dining staff.
Nice cabin.