• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

painkillerjenny
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Sail Date: Jun 2014
Cabin:

This trip was planned as a destination wedding for my husband and I. We invited a few friends and family not expecting anyone to join us, but we ended up having 16 people come celebrate with us!

We picked the Valor because of the affordability and also because we had never been to any of the islands on the itinerary. This was our 3rd cruise between us. We were on a pretty tight budget so everyone stayed in interior rooms although his parents treated us to a room with a balcony.

I planned most of the trip and activities before we left for the cruise, which I'm glad we did, as too many people were scrambling to make shore plans while we would get to a port.

Port Reviews

St. Thomas

The reason for the cruise was to get married. We had planned our destination wedding months before we even booked our cruise. That is one of the reasons we booked on the Valor, because it came to St. ThomasAmber with Blue Sky Ceremony helped me plan my beach wedding. We got married on Magens Bay in the morning, when we had the beach to ourselves. We then spent the rest of the afternoon playing in the water.

1 Helpful Vote