3. Royal Princess

After reading so many reviews about the bad things on the Royal, I was pleasantly surprised that all the "bad" things weren't nearly as bad as had been written. The toilet paper holder - no problem what-so-ever. Yes the ship would have been better with stairs at mid-ship. The check-in wasn't a problem and this was just our fourth Princess cruise. The food quality was good, not over the top, but good. The service was very attentive and the best part was that even in very rough seas, you NEVER felt the ship sway very much. This would be a ship first time cruisers should use.

Yes the balconies were smaller than on other ships, but we got an angled balcony so it was adequate. You couldn't have dinner on the smaller balconies. The new configuration of the mini-suite is smaller, but it was still big enough to not feel cramped.

The biggest nice surprise was how good the food was at the Crown Grill. We got there early and got a window table, so having the bar next to the restaurant was no problem. My ribeye was very nice and my wife's filet was excellent. They even brought was the lamb which my wife was thinking about, and it was also fantastic.

The highlight was the Chef's table dinner. We got invited the first night after our request, and the setting, presentation and the food were all over the top.

Crowded, but a nice cruise

Royal Princess Cruise Review by jaybirde