3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)

Just arrived in New York after 10 days on QM2. Have sailed on the other Cunard ships many times but first time on QM2. Along with many other reviewers, I found that the ship does not live up to expectations or the Cunard hype. Our Queens Grill suite on deck 9 had a constant vibratation, and several cabins had serious plumbing issues. My father had no water in the wash basin for three days and the bath kept spitting out black grime. The maintenance staff said that the vibrations had caused sediment in the pipes to be dislodged - but of course they maintained the water was safe. We are sending Cunard the photos as the Pursers office could "only apologise".

Overall the food was not as good as the other ships and despite the best efforts of the staff, it was pretty clear that they are having significant issues with this ship. I mentioned that I had enjoyed Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth more to a staff member, who responded they are a bit more fun and QM2 is strict.

We did enjoy the performances from a visiting group of actors from RADA.

Sad to say, first and last time on QM2 for me.

Dont waste your money on QM2

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by aapd65

We did enjoy the performances from a visiting group of actors from RADA.

Sad to say, first and last time on QM2 for me.

aapd65’s Full Rating Summary

We had vibration from the engines in this mid-ships cabin

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Deck Plans