• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

AmaLyra Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Legendary Danube Cruise was wonderful!

Review for AmaLyra to Europe River
jojocmcla
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2014
Cabin: Stateroom with French Balcony

My husband asked me to arrange this cruise to celebrate our 46th anniversary. We were sure we wanted to cruise the Danube River; so the biggest decision was itinerary and date. I knew I didn't want to go later than September or earlier than April. We arrived in Prague April 29.

We took advantage of the 3 day pre-cruise package in Prague, staying at the Intercontinental Hotel, which we enjoyed...great breakfast buffet each morning. We were met by AmaWaterways at the airport in Prague at 9:30 in the morning and taken to the hotel where we met Rachel Coutos-Gomez, our Cruise Manager. Our room was ready for us. For the next almost 2 weeks, Rachel worked tirelessly! I don't know when she slept. She was always on the ball, arranging the city tours, buses, guides, optional tours, etc. And, her suitcase must be huge, because she changed clothes several times most days...and had an outfit to compliment each port, it seemed. She even arranged a special tour of the Doheny Street Synagogue in Budapest, at the request of fellow passengers. And, at the end of the cruise in Budapest, she escorted each passenger off of the ship...even those who left the ship at 3 a.m. She is a gem to AmaWaterways!!

Hotel Manager Victoria was also wonderfully helpful and cheerful at all times, as was Maitre 'd Cipi.

Stateroom with French Balcony

Cabin B

Our cabin was very well appointed. We were not cramped. There was plenty of storage space, including a desk with WiFi/computer.

5 Helpful Votes