• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Independence of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
23 Awards

The Diamond Member gives up loyalty. No more RCCL for me.

Review for Independence of the Seas to Spain
Beartweet
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2014
Cabin:

I used RCCL.com for the booking.

When I was to preorder a dining experience in Chops Grill, I managed to book the wrong date, then the problems started. There is a possibility to change that online, but when I did that only one of the two persons were changed to the correct date. Tried to change the other one, wich was not possible. I then called there booking and asked them to do it. They were not able to. Then I asked them to cancel both reservations so I could order it again. Yes, was the response, and I got refunded one of the reservations.

The other one was lingering in the system. I booked again on the correct date and that was all well, except for 1 month today after receiving my refund for one, still misses the second refund, and that after at least 10 times speaking with them, and finished the cruise.

The Cabin, a junior suite is a nice cabin, but this one was very tired. The bathtub had a hole so you were not able to use the tub only the shower. But that was fixed when we called maintenance. The sofa were shredded, and the door between cabin 9334 and 9332 had been taped and had glue all around. Things like that makes it all look shabby, and why does not the stateroom attendant call maintenance to fix those things before the guest arrives.

Find an Independence of the Seas Cruise from $186