3. S.S. Catherine

We just came back from SS Catherine 8 days Rhone river cruise in France. Very beautiful ship, extremely well appointed and decorated. Cabins are good size with big retractable window. Beautiful, big bathroom with good size shower. All possible amenities available. Outstanding cuisine. Great wines from the region.

Excellent service.

My problem was with excursions. Many optional excursions were quite expensive and really should have been included in the price. Also 15 locks during 7 days of cruising! After 3-4 we lost interest. Locks also limited use of upper deck. On SS Antoinette on Rhine river we used upper deck all the time. There was a beautiful lunch area with option to eat upstairs and enjoy the view.

It is a smoking cruise and most ship staff smoked. There is small area at the end of the ship designated for smoking, but most passengers and some crew, including captain, smoked anywhere on upper level.  It needs to be more strictly observed. Unfortunately, beautiful upper deck became smoking deck and not very user friendly.

Overall , even though we enjoyed this cruise, I would pick Rhine cruise as my favorite and travel at the end of June when is warmer.

Luxury at its best

S.S. Catherine Cruise Review by bartekmak

Excellent service.

bartekmak’s Full Rating Summary

Great location, close to all facilities. Midship. 3rd level. Lots of storage space. Comfortable beds. Quiet.

S.S. Catherine Deck Plans