3. Navigator of the Seas
This was our second time sailing out of a Galveston. I must say, our first experience was much better then this one. As stated by others -the terminal is very crowded and the process is not run well. Additionally, we had a very slow agent who questioned my passport picture and ask me to show two additional forms of id. Then, she didn't activate my card properly or explain that I needed to go to guest services for my beverage sticker in order to use it. So, even though this wasn't RCL's fault, it said the wrong tone for the week to come. First the pros ....We found the ship to be beautiful. We have taken a cruise every year for the last seven years and this ship was up there with one of the best looking. We found our room to be roomy enough for the 3 of us. My 2 kids are 15 and 12 and we had plenty of room for us. Plus the balcony was roomy enough and nice. We thought they could have provided a bit more space for hangingitems however there is plenty of drawer space and small shelves which are great for toiletries. The kids clubs were great for the kids with the exception of a "prom" theme on the last night. Both my 12 and 15 year old didn't like the idea of finding a date to go to prom. I think they missed the mark on that one. As for the cons.... It was so rare that the staff acknowledged us by name. Apparently this is just not important to the staff. Most of the time the staff wouldn't even say "hi". They would just look away from you. We found this very unprofessional. We also thought the food was pretty blah. The same food is served in the dining room as the buffet in a lot of cases. We didn't try the specialty restaurants with the exception of Johnny rockets which costs 5.95 a person. Which wasn't horrible but it is an additional $4 or so for a shake. That seemed a bit much. We were also told "you can't" a lot which rubbed us the wrong way. For example in the morning dining room I would sometimes go down grab a table and get a coffee why I waited for the kids to get dressed. There is no holding of tables even though others are coming. You must wait to be seated until all are there. There was no signing the kids up online for the age group 10-12 which impacted the other group we were with. These are just two but there are more of other little "you can't" rules that rubbed us wrong. Next,we took two excursions through the cruise ship that I was very disappointed in. They both transported us in very old school buses with no air conditioning and very poor suspension for the extremely rough roads. This made for a really bad experience for us and thought the cruise ship should have looked at better transportation options for us as we were in port with the carnival magic who transferred their guests by chartered buses with plush seats and air conditioning to the exact same locations. Lastly, as many warned us, the debarkation process is absolutely horrible! We waited in the hot terminal to get thru customs for close to 3 hours. It is very hot and there is absolutely no concern by any of the workers for the high frustration levels of all the crammed together cruisers. It is a bad way to end what should be a fantastic vacation Overall we won't be going on another royal carribean cruise for quite some time or ever given the competition. Additionally, even though Galveston is way closer for us, we will not be taking another cruise out of there until something changes with their port.

Navigator review pros/cons

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by sstande

sstande’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Nice room. More hanging space could have been provided.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans