3. Celebrity Millennium
This is my second cruise to Alaska: the first time I have cruised Celebrity and will, sadly, be the last. Although I found the ship adequate overall, the experience beginning with embarkation was below standards I expect. Embarkation was exceptionally poorly planned; took over an hour from the time we got in line to the time we actually were showing our documents. Our room was a veranda room, & the balcony was dirty. The bathroom had dirty corners the entire week; I used a cloth to clean them myself finally. On the first night my roommate & I realized we wanted separation of the beds so we called stateroom attendant. It was 9:01 so he was off-duty. We then called guest services for help & they said they would send someone up. No one ever arrived. We moved the beds & tables ourselves: a sign of things to come. We had two minor problems after 9 p.m., called guest services each time, was assured someone would help, NEVER had anyone arrive nor did the Guest Service desk ever check with us on resolving the problems. We generally ate early meals in the cafe where there was a good variety of well cooked food. Organization here is peculiar but servers & staff were very pleasant. The music was very loud & generally inappropriate pop tunes; several times we gave up talking when too near speakers. I asked twice that the music be turned down. It was lowered once but promptly turned back up. The Metropolitan Main Restaurant had good choices and generally good food. The reception desk for the restaurant had unfriendly, brusque personnel, particularly the man who never smiled or responded to pleasantries the entire trip. Generally the servers were friendly & good at their jobs; occasionally we got someone who was curt & clearly unhappy that we took longer to make choices. We waited half an hour one night to receive our menus & water. My roommate felt we were "invisible" quite often & we did indeed get seated behind people who were in line behind us twice. This was the "no reservation" line so I can't see any reason this would occur. I am pretty easygoing so just went with the flow but my roommate was rather upset a couple of times over the lack of service. Disemarkation was also quite slow. Overall: if I had never cruised before would probably rate a 3. My roommate cruised on Carnival lines & thought it was a much more elegant ship with much better service. Unfriendly personnel probably a main reason I would not recommend this line, as well as badly organized from beginning to end. The service staff on the decks were excellent; always friendly, as well as all stateroom attendants.

Poorly organized; unfriendly staff at desk & main restaurant, sewer sm

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by PNWRainLover

• Sail Date: May 2014
  • Destination: Alaska
Disemarkation was also quite slow.

PNWRainLover’s Full Rating Summary