3. Carnival Imagination
The ship was small and certainly not outstanding to say the least. Very dark. I like bright decorations. I did not enjoy the lido deck on this ship either. Mostly drinkers. (kind word). I don't see the point in becoming so drunk you can't walk. I am all about having a good time. I grew up in the 70's so I know what a good time is for sure. However, there is a time and place for everything. I think that Carnival should take care to cut off drunks at the bar as is done on land. They are a danger to themselves to say the least. Too many of them on this ship. Hairy chest contests are not for me. Not much to do onboard as far as activities go during the day unless you like bingo and trivia. The pool was busting at the seams with kids. Unattended by their parents. The buffet was also bursting at the seam with them. They crawl all over the floors and Carnival does not make a very good attempt at keeping them from the adult areas. Pool was very small. Deck over crowded. Spa filled with kids. Believe me there is not enough chemicals to keep that waster clean with all the kids in the pool. I got a massage and the girl was terrific. She also gave me a facial. Outstanding. But, there was no Cloud 9 spa on the ship. Dinner was not bad. The food was not outstanding as Celebrity or RCL. But, not totally disappointed. I expected a disaster. They made an attempt to seat you alone if you wished. I did not want to sit with couples but said I would sit with single woman on the ship. I actually liked the seating. I don't care for the big round tables that I had on the Celebrity Constellation where you are forced to sit with others. Buffett food not good. Below average I felt compared to what I have had on other cruise lines. Cove balcony excellent. I loved that and never knew they existed. We had a suite and I loved that too as far as room. They could brighten it up somehow. It was very dark in their and the furnishings did not give a feeling of happiness but darkness. Plenty of room. It is worth it to get a suite. Had tub in it. Not much closet space but plenty of drawers etc for clothes so that was excellent. The entertainment was sub par. Awful. What can I say. The theatre was old style and the acoustics were terrible. The only good thing is the price of a cruise on Carnival I suppose. I don't know what other attraction there could be. I can't remember cabin number but if I can find it and edit this later I will. This was the first of 16 day cruise for me. I took three back to backs. I went on the first two with someone I met online. The second on Breeze because i had credit of 350.00. Doubt that I will be sailing Carnival too much in the future. Trevor was our cabin attendant and he was excellent. I had to always make special arrangements with him to get clean towels etc. because my cabin mate was asleep all day and out all night. He was great and I made sure I tipped him for his troubles.

Not impressed for sure with this ship Carnival Imagination

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by maddashin

• Sail Date: December 2013
  • Destination: Bahamas
Hairy chest contests are not for me.
Cove balcony excellent. I loved that and never knew they existed.
The entertainment was sub par. Awful. What can I say.
The theatre was old style and the acoustics were terrible.
I can't remember cabin number but if I can find it and edit this later I will.
Doubt that I will be sailing Carnival too much in the future.

maddashin’s Full Rating Summary