Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review

A wonderful cruise

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by historyqueen

• Sail Date: May 2014
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean

Having just returned from our cruise I can only say it was a fantastic experience. I found the crew attentive and friendly. Our stateroom was lovely, I had always wanted a balcony and found it quiet and welcoming. The cabin was immaculate and toiletries were replaced as soon as you used them. The entertainment was very good although the "circus" acts of the final formal night were not to my taste I will say they were excellent. I found the food to be first class especially the beef dishes. I wouldn't bother with the speciality restaurants as they are not cheap and the food in the dining room and deck 14 was excellent. We had select dining which I would choose again as it nice to pick when you want to eat, especially if you want to see a show and we met so many different people it was wonderful to talk to them all. We did try qsine which I wasn't greatly impressed with, style over substance in my view, but many I spoke to really enjoyed their meal in there so each to their own.

One thing that does irritate slightly is the cost of the trips which are expensive, I only booked our cruise two days before going and so had little chance to research the ports, in fact I will admit I had very little knowledge of where I was going. In normal circumstances I would have worked out which trips to go on etc. Celebrity was charging 20 euros for the coach transfer from the port to Corfu town, a trip that cost a few euros on the local bus that was parked at the cruise terminal- people just need to be aware that most places are accessible independently.

The ports were fantastic, the weather great, the fellow passengers were social and friendly and made the whole experience wonderful and the crew as I have said were faultless. To top it all I won the wipe-out which meant my bill was paid for the entire trip, expenses etc. A wonderful end to a wonderful holiday.

historyqueen's Full Rating Summary