3. Carnival Magic
I will start by saying that I had no idea meeting the man that I'm about to marry on an embarkation in Cozumel! We sailed out of Galveston, which was very cool in temperature at the time. I didn't like the fact that we paid $40 to park but had to manage our luggage ourselves when crossing the busy intersection. The parking attendant was VERY kind. As a matter of fact, I came back to a flat tire and he put air in my car, which allowed us to make it home safely. My only complaint was having to walk in heels with about 100lbs of luggage. This was my first cruise. I should have dresses a tad bit more comfortable but beauty hurts right? ;) Checking in was a bit unorganized. We were obviously struggling with luggage and NO ONE informed us of a drop off point or anything! We ended up hauling the luggage through check in, upstairs,up steep ramps allll the way to our cabin. We were so tired that we had to shower and take a nap. So be sure to ask WHERE EXACTLY should you leave your luggage and they will deliver your bags to your cabin. My first impression of the ship was that it was very clean. Our cabin was a little tight for 3 but we had TWO bathrooms, which helped a great deal. I would also suggest an ocean view. The motion was not bad whatsoever. We did go into another couple's cabin. They had a small cabin with no view. It was AWFUL! THE MOVEMENT was horrible! ! I couldn't believe it! By the way, We were on the 2nd floor I believe odd number if memory serves me right. I would suggest bringing cash and going to guest services to add money to your card or you can use the machine. On the first day guest services is, quite busy. The line was long but it moved fast. We were ready to sail away to Montego Bay Jamaica, Cayman Islands, and Cozumel! FOOD: Pizza was free 24 hours and good! The lines during the daytime were pretty long but again moved very fast. I have no complaints about the food. Dinner was nice and the staff entertained us by singing and dancing. Sooooo much fun. We had an AMAZING server I wish I could remember his name. ENTERTAINMENT: Our nights consisted of comedy hour and drinks after dinner, then the club. You must get to comedy hour EARLY to grab seats. I don't normally watch comedians on television; however, the two that were contracted at the time were REALLY GOOD! Of course it's adults only and a little raunchy but all in good fun. Art auction was not exactly great but entertaining. Ok ok I only went for the free champagne but it was only 1 glass of champagne and it seemed as if I waited forever to be served! The auction could have been better organized as far as serving guests. I did spend a little time on the slot machine in the casino. If you can't stand cigars and smoke then you MUST stay away from the casino. Personally, I liked the feel and smell even though I don't smoke! The casino is also fairly small. CLUB: Club seen was fun. Not very crowded to say there were thousands of guests on board.The music is versatile. New age rap & r&b , a little Miley Cirus, Michael Jackson. It's a mixture. It also depends on the crowd. The DJ was cool. The drink specials were also pretty good. Sometimes we received little gadgets duch as a cut little sdveka (vodka) flashlight, disco ball drink cups. EMBARKATION If you are a smoker, the moment you step foot in Montego Bay you will feel at home. Just about EVERY WHERE you go, you will be offered something. I politely said I don't smoke. It was action! People were everywhere. We took a bus for 19 00 roundtrip to the city. We were dropped off were we could walk from one spot to another. The FREE beach was the best!! We were catered to, our drinks were brought to us while we relaxed in the ocean. We were shown a bathroom to change. It was clean. THE OCEAN WAS GORGEOUS!!! I turned around to the sight of a GORGEOUS blue green SPARKLING OCEAN!! We hung onto the reef as I can only float, not swim. My pictures are breathtaking. Montego Bay was a once in a lifetime experience. It was awesome, not to mention the mean were pretty hot. Once you paid for the shuttle van, you can take another at anytime just be SURE TO BE BACK TO THE SHIP ON TIME!! Jamaica was cool but I sure wouldn't want to be left there. Cayman Islands WAS LIKE A DREAM!!! BEAUTIFUL OOOOH THE WATER wad the most beautiful turquoise. I built up nerve to do the stingray excursion!! I eould definitely recommend this. The water was cold at first but ok after a little while. I was actually scared to go out into the ocean. I hing on the side the boat for a few minutes ubut the tour guide talked me into going and reaching shallow water. I'm glad I listened and tip toed my way through. I'm 5'3 and once I got off the boat the wster was not as shallow but I was able to tip toe my way a few feet.....did I mention that I grabbed on to a stranger and he yelled " OH WE ARE BOTH GOING DOWN!" It was a good laugh. The end result was that I actually KISSED a stingray in the most beautiful water I've ever seen! Going to the middle of the ocean was about a 25 minute boat ride, then we went to a private beach where you could buy jerk chicken burgers etc. It was pricey and not all that great but nice calm. COZUMEL! I LOVE COZUMEL Soooo much culture and beauty. Watch the men here as well ladies. They are also fairly aggressive. Cozumel is where you can redeem coupons for free charm bracelets, little necklaces, free alcohol tasting in jewelry stores and CHEAP gifts to bring back. REMEMBER the farther you walk away from the ship, the cheaper things will be. I negotiated LOTS in Jamaica and Cozumel for different things to take home. We took a taxi with Russell very sweet cab driver. he took us to a private beach that would have cost us had we not taken his taxi.The beach was BREATHTAKING!!! No crowd! Gorgeous! HOW I MET MY FIANCE: I was walking around alone, by now I knew how to get around. I was approached by a tall, dark, well dressed man who politely asked if he could speak to me. I hesitated at first because I was in a foreign country and I was alone; however, there were tons of other guests around. We sat in public view and began talking. He stated that he worked on Royal Caribbean. We exchanged email addresses and phone numbers. The rest is history. He flew me to Fort Lauderdale to set sail on the Royal Caribbean! I had my own cabin.Lets just say that Carnival is on for a first time cruise but Royal Caribbean sets the bar. I sailec on Allure of the seas about 2 months after I returned from my cruise on Carnival. Both are EXTREMELY positive experienced. Thank you Carnival for taking part in finding my soon to be husband! Happy tears.

I met my fiancé in Cozumel!

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by mshouston

We were ready to sail away to Montego Bay Jamaica, Cayman Islands, and Cozumel!
EMBARKATION