3. Marella Celebration

My partner and I have just returned from a 7 day Aegean & Holy Land cruise, with Thompson Celebration. This was our first cruise and it was excellent. I cannot believe some of the criticism that people have written. I think some people are professional moaners. We would like to say Well done to Thompson Celebration, cannot believe how well organised the ship was. Yes, it is a small ship by today`s standards, but we found it very friendly, comfortable, and the staff were fantastic.

I do suffer from claustrophobia, & this ship certainly did not feel like this to me. For this reason we did book the deluxe balcony cabin on deck 9 & was not disappointed. The room was spacious and the balcony was plenty big enough. We sat out on the balcony on most nights watching the sunset before going to dinner. Thanks to Putu the cabin steward, who looked after us very well

There is a vibration/wobble on the boat, but it is not as bad as some people made it out to be. We soon got use to it and it didn’t cause us a problem.

We eat in the Meridan restaurant on most nights, and one night in the Mistral restaurant. Great food and service, Joemars team looked after us very well, and Joemar made us feel very special. He always had a smile, very friendly and professional, nothing was too much trouble. Well done because his team worked very hard. Joemar needs to have employee of the month!!

We met some lovely people, which added to the holiday. Only a shame we didn’t have more time to get to know them .

We booked two Israel trips, Nazareth and Galilee, and Jerusalem & Bethlehem. They were very long days, but worth it. The tour guides were great and very informative and felt very safe, worth every penny.

The shows were fantastic, west end standard. The staff show was also great, loved Joemar`s group, bread and butter pudding & vanilla sauce and the dancing chefs. Well done to the entertainment team.

Congratulation to the captain and his crew they all worked very hard, nothing was too much trouble and the staff always had a lovely smile. Keep the good work up.

Excellent Aegean and Holy Land Cruise

Marella Celebration Cruise Review by Magabriele

• Sail Date: May 2014
  • Destination:

Magabriele’s Full Rating Summary

Excellent room, spacious, clean, very slightly dated, but quirky, and gives it character. Loved the balcony, plenty of room. nice layout. Mimimal exterior noise.

Marella Celebration Deck Plans