3. Norwegian Getaway

Just got back from a cruise on the Getaway. We celebrated a big birthday for me. Booked a mini suite for my husband and me. And, a single for our son. Spent $2,000 more for our cabin. It was exactly the same size as our son's cabin. Except, we had a balcony. It only fit 2 small chairs and a tiny table. What a waste!

I asked the cabin steward for a bar of soap and a bottle of shampoo, since my husband doesn't like the liquids stocked in the shower. I was told that they only supply those items to suite occupants. When I told her we were in a mini suite, she said that mini suites are just regular cabins, not suites! Really!

Then, Norwegian advertises 28 or 29 places to eat. Really. How about the fact that at least 9 of them charge EXTRA. Per person, Cagney's $30. La Cucina $15. Le Bistro $20. Ocean Blue $49! Tepp[anyaki $25. Shanghai's A La Carte. Wasabi A La Carte. And, $5 to have a crappy pizza delivered.

And, the food in the free dining areas...I cannot decide if the buffets remind me of public high school cafeteria or the army. Unappealing, unappetizing, and generally boring.

The free main dining rooms are beautiful. The menus are not! It is really sad to look at a cruise lunch or dinner menu and then have to choose the item is dislike the least!

The only good thing is that I did not gain weight!

I am going back to Royal Caribbean. Perfect for a multi-generational cruise. Unfortunately, there I will gain weight.

Mediocre at best & They Nickel and Dime you to Death!

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by rsusieq

The only good thing is that I did not gain weight!

rsusieq’s Full Rating Summary

Cramped. Smallest mini suite I have ever seen!

Norwegian Getaway Deck Plans