• Newsletter

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2014
Cabin:

We wanted to see the Panama Canal & this Disney repositioning cruise was a perfect fit. Because this was a 15 day cruise, late in the school year there were only about 300 kids on the cruise. I don't believe all the cabins were filled either. So, there was little or no waiting for everything (except deck chairs around the Quiet Cove pool). The Disney Wonder is starting to get old, but is still a very nice ship. The embarkation process was a little long but once we got onboard all was well. Our balcony stateroom (#6610) had plenty of room for the two of us and was very close to the elevators and stairways. Very close to the laundry facility, which we made use of too.

I like the idea of the rotating dining room schedules. We were lucky to be with a great group of new friends at our table. I thought the dinner food selections were nothing special. The food was good, but I expected it to be better. I really enjoyed the self serve ice cream station. And the 'free' coffee, pop and water station on deck 9 is a super touch. Also, Disney allows you to bring alcohol onboard at embarkation and at each cruise port. So, there's no need to try and hide bottles in your luggage. At embarkation it simply must be in your carry on luggage. No questions asked.

Although the food was only average, I thought the service in our dining room was the best ever. Our server staff of Rolly, Andrew (and even the head waiter, Roy) were just super. Also, our stateroom attendant, Shiv, was also the best ever.

3 Helpful Votes