3. MSC Fantasia

The embarkation procedure was much quicker on this trip (although the time spent waiting for the transfer coaches from Marco Polo airport to the ship was quite lengthy) from the port side.

The staff were mostly friendly, especially Eric (our table waiter in the Il Cerchio d'Oro Restaurant) who was always smiling, friendly and attentive to our requirements.He kindly arranged for a cake and champagne to be presented to us as an anniversary gift (my husband had arranged this) which was a lovely gesture at our dining table.

We were seated with 2 other couples of a similar age in the restaurant and we got on very well!

One criticism I have regarding the excursions which we had pre-booked; on the first trip of the cruise we had pre-booked to visit Alberobello (near Bari) but the tickets were booked incorrectly, although my husband has booked for 'English' speaking tour. His ticket was booked for 'Italian' and mine 'English', so we had to get these changed which meant queueing once again even though the error was not our doing! There is an administrative hitch in that trips are booked automatically in your 'mother tongue-according to your passport, rather than your place of home.

The trips we participated on were very good, especially the Olympia trip. Our guide Eugennie was briliant and so knowledgeable on ancient Greece. She was warm, friendly and welcoming.

The buffet area on the ship was often crowded but you can't expect anything less when the ship carries over 3000 passengers on board! There was a wide variety of food choices available, including fresh fruit and salad.

The sun decks can get a little crowded but there is always somewhere to sit down.

I felt there was a lack of drinks waiters on this trip compared to those previously (this was our 3rd cruise with MSC) and if often took a while before you could track a waiter down to order drinks.

I would recommend that you opt for the 'Allegrissimo' package for drinks for the week before hand as this includes soft drinks, teas, coffees, bottles of water, ice cream and cocktails.

The entertainment was extremely good this time, especially the 'Tribute' to Michael Jackson. The performer who played MJ was excellent and the dancers were great.

I would recommend this ship and the Greek Isles trip during May/June.

An anniversary cruise to remember

MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by Fachechi2

• Sail Date: May 2014
  • Destination: Greece

I would recommend this ship and the Greek Isles trip during May/June.

Fachechi2’s Full Rating Summary

Very spacious and light with a lovely balcony/veranda.

MSC Fantasia Deck Plans