3. Carnival Valor

My wife and I flew in from SLC the day before and stayed at the Caribe Hilton. Great hotel, no complaints, but I think next time we will stay in Old San Juan.

Sunday we did the Segway Tour of San Juan. It started at 10:00 and we were the only ones on it. It is very close to the Valor, so we just left our luggage there while we toured the city. This is a not to be missed tour.

Embarkation: So easy and quick. We were at the ship by 12:20 and on board by 12:50. Luggage didn't make it till dinner time, a very small inconvinence. Went right up to the Lido deck and had lunch, grilled Ruebens. Oh, I have missed those.

The ship: We were impressed how clean and well laid out the Valor was. It never seemed to be too crowded. I understand that people get on and get off in Barbados. Great room, lts of space . I don't think we even used one of the closets. Gym and spa were great as well.

The food: We have never had a problem with the food on board cruise ships and this was no exception. If you don't like something, try something else. We did the buffet most mornings for breakfast. Never had to wait long, never had to search for a table. Great juice, hot chocolate and a big variety of food.

The MDR, we had the 6:00 time, was great. Wonderful staff, good food, great variety. Is it gourmet food? No. Is it good? Yes. We laugh at the snobs who criticize the "presentation"....you watch too much of the food channel. Never a bad meal, great company, terrific servers.

Entertainment: Fun shows, really unfunny stand up comics.

Ports: We didn't book any excursions through the ship, opting instead to save a lot of money and go through independents. Researched all the excursions through TripAdvisor.

Best Cruise Yet!

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by srclemm

Entertainment: Fun shows, really unfunny stand up comics.

srclemm’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8C 7344

Empress deck, balcony. Very quiet and very close to both the stairs and elevator

Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins