• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Mar 2014
Cabin:
Traveled with children

First of all you're on a cruise, how could you not be happy!! But I suppose the point of this review is just to give my opinion. I didn't find much to complain about on the Dream, our cabin was incredible. I loved the location. Cove balcony is the way to go. We were right behind the elevators which I initially thought would be a nuisance but I loved not having to walk far, the noise was not bad at all (except a few times coming from the stewards closet, but that was during the day & who stays in their room all day anyways!?) It's cool that you can just eat yourself sick, not that I did ;) As for the food the breakfast was not impressing at all, I found myself eating the same thing over & over. The juice seemed a little watered down to me. The lunch was ok, but my FAVORITE was the pasta bar. It's kind of hard to find & a little different than the buffet, but worth it!! Make sure you try it at least once & ask someone how to find it because i can't remember lol!! The tea is not good at all to me but the Red frog Rum bar was OMG the BEST!! I'm a tad disappointed as all I heard was how the ship was so much fun you wouldn't even want to get off but I disagree. BUT since it was my first time I was a little overwhelmed. I thought the shows were kind of lame, but I did enjoy some of the comedians . The wait staff definitely made dinner awesome, they do spoil you. All & all everything went pretty smooth EXCEPT on our last night & the day we left. My son laid his sombrero & sunglasses down on a couch in the main lobby, he walked off & came back to pick them up but a staff member wouldn't let him have it. SHe walked with him to guest services & said you will have to come back with your mom in the morning because i don't believe these are yours. So I do just that, I go to guest services & the man walks in the back, comes back & says there was nothing back there. I move along without saying anything but it's just NOT sitting well with me so I go talk to the other lady & she comes right out with the sombrero but NO glasses (OAKLEYS are expensive!! SO I am not happy!!!!) I still don't know what happened to his glasses & I still don't know why that man lied about his sombrero not being back there, Did it ruin my vacation, no. Did it irritate me yes! BUT we will definitely go back.

The cove balcony was the best! It will be hard to stay in any other type of room now. I am completely pleased with the location of the room as well.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

The port was very nice, but commercialized and we wanted to experience Cozumel so we took a cab to a beach http://www.playauvas.com/ it was a little run down but we REALLY enjoyed it. There's nothing better than an Oceanside massage! the bar tender was so much fun. I drank "bob marleys" and had a salad that was absolutely delicious. The best part about it was that it was not crowded at all! I heard a lot about how the local children are always heckling you to buy things while your on the beaches in Cozumel but not once did they bother us. They weren't even there. while the place could definitely use a facelift, our experience was just as expected. However if your looking for a beach to play in the ocean this is not the one. I tried walking in the ocean & the rocks are horrible. They do offer kayaks & snorkeling but I opted for the massage instead. Also the cab ride was not nearly as bad as I had been warned it would be :)

Find a Carnival Dream Cruise from $359