3. Crown Princess

No norovirus. No code red.

We flew into LAX Saturday morning and took Super Shuttle to the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro to board the Crown Princess. Arrived in San Pedro about 10:30 am and entered the terminal. We waited another 45 minutes before we checked in. At 1:10 pm we boarded the ship, dropped off our carry-ons, and made it to the dining room for lunch before the 1:30 pm closing time. Lunch menu was the same embarkation lunch we had in March 2014.

Tip: Have all your paperwork ready and in hand for entering the terminal and for checkin.

This cruise had very few minors. 2/3 of the passengers had sailed previously with Princess and were senior citizens. The staff was always available to help those in wheelchairs and scooters.

The food was OK. A large variety, but nothing really stood out as exceptional. DH liked going to the buffet on this trip instead of the MDR. The pizza on the Lido deck was crisp and tasty. The SkyWalker Lounge had good hor d'ourves for the Platinum, Elite, and Suite cocktail hours from 5-7 pm every night. Drinks were $5.

Art auction was LONG and drawn out. It never started on time. Champagne was given out for free at each auction. I won a piece of art at the auction. It would have cost me $269 for framing and shipping. I opted to have it shipped in a cardboard tube for $35. The artwork itself wasn't worth that much in my opinion.

Disembarkation was FAST since I was in the first walkoff group meeting at the Wheelhouse Bar at 6:40 am. I was off the ship before 7:00 am.

No Code Red

Crown Princess Cruise Review by SummerTraveler

No norovirus. No code red.

SummerTraveler’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin B232

Interior cabin B232 was in the forward section. I did not feel much movement at night. We got a new cabin steward midway thru the cruise. Never found out why. I knew some of the crew was getting off in San Francisco before the ship went up to Vancouver, BC.

If you use a CPAP, you will need an extension cord. The outlets are by the desk. My 15' cord was long enough to reach it.

Crown Princess Deck Plans