Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review

Cruising on the Norwegian Jewel

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by YuKnowJack

• Sail Date: Apr 2014
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America

We recently went on a cruise on the Norwegian Jewel. We emarked at new Orleans, Went to Cartagena Columbia, Huatulco mexico, Puerto Vallarta Mexico, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. And disembarked in San Diego California. The cruise staff were wonderful. They did everything to accommodate your needs. No is not in their vocabulary unless it's impossible. The rooms were spacious. I thought the bathroom was a little cramped. But it's a cruise ship so I got used to it. It was easy to disembark at the ports. Norwegian does a great job making it easy for you yet going through the usual security checks necessary in today's world.

The onboard entertainment was exceptional. However I felt they lacked a little in this department. Especially outside around the pool area. I would like to have heard more rock and soft rock music. The crowd's average age probably was 60 or more. So maybe that was the reason. My main complaint was the food. I personally am not into Indian or exotic type spicy foods. Most were Amercians onboard. I think it is wise to bait the hook to suit the fish. I love chocolate cake, but I wouldn't fish with it. You find the bait the fish like. The food needed improvement. Perhaps it was do to who the cook is. Seems they prepare what they like. Also the desserts were not especially good. Chocolate cake, Banana Cream Pie, apple pie, Brownies, creme Brulet and cookies were not there. The best food on the ship was the French Fries, and Vegetable egg rolls. Food needs improvement. I've been on three cruises. RC and Carnival and now Norwegian. and the food on the Norwegian Jewel was the worst. Not a fan of free style cruising. Often we would go to a restaurant and even though we were there first, It made no difference as tables were taken by others making reservations. So if everyone is making reservations you might as well have assigned seating. It kind of nullifies the idea of freestyle cruising come when you want.

YuKnowJack's Full Rating Summary

The cabin was great. The Maitre d was excellent. The bathroom was tight except for the shower. Best shower ever on a cruise ship. The bed was perfect. YOU didn't feel cramped in the cabin at all. It was a baclony on the starboard side near the front of the ship.

YuKnowJack