• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2014
Cabin:

To explain my review title "Get the suite"...I debated as to whether or not I should spend the extra money for a suite and finally went ahead and splurged. It started paying dividends right away. I got to skip the long lines to board the ship. That alone might have been worth the extra money. The room cabin was larger and the balcony was twice as big. Definitely worth it.

This was my forth cruise but my first Royal Caribbean. I don't have a lot of time to write this so I will make it short and simple. Casino perks were not great, food could have been better and more available. What I mean by that is after about 9:00PM you either had to order room service or go to one small sandwich type shop. I'm used to having more access to food on a cruise, so that was a short falling. I had to pay for more things then previous cruises. Had to pay for nachos at a little Mexican restaurant/stand...didn't care for that. Dining room food was Okay, but nothing outstanding. Dining room staff was good. They would tell you that you could have as many servings as you wanted as compared to the Carnival waiter who would make a face at me if I asked for more. Cabin was always clean and fresh and oh yeah, did I already say how much I enjoyed the over sized balcony? Best spot on the ship.

My final bill was more then I anticipated. Drinks added up I guess, plus all the little extras that I am not accustom to paying for. Overall energy on the ship seemed a little low, but I wasn't there to party hard so it didn't bother me. Also, I've read some complaining about the my time dinning and having to make a reservation. I found that it really didn't matter if I made a reservation or not. Just avoid the busy times after a show and you will be okay.

Nice and spacious. Double size balcony was great. Noisy due to buffet located above cabin.

previous reviewnext review