• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

lexmiller
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2014
Cabin:

Let me begin by saying that we are Celebrity brand loyalists. Which is why writing this review is, not to be dramatic, a bit painful as I am not used to writing much about Celebrity that is negative. Things that felt "off" on this cruise, on lesser lines, would be business as usual for mass market or lower rated premium lines, but Celebrity has always been top notch, excelling in the ultra premium category. So one might argue that I am nitpicking, but my comments are about what seems to be a lowering of standards, small indications that at least on this cruise, were troubling, and I hope not signs of a corporate decision to cut back across the board.

First, the Good, a few highlights:

Embarkation in San Juan went very well - smooth, efficient. In the port building, immediately at check in for the cruise, is a San Juan liquor store - a great location to buy your allowed two bottles of wine that you can bring on board. Although the selection was somewhat limited, it was quite serviceable and the prices were very reasonable, so I wanted to make a note of that for future cruisers.

Loved the aft location and the proximity to the door that heads directly down to the Sunset Bar and the buffet was terrifically convenient! Whenever live music was playing on the Sunset Bar we left our veranda sliding door open, it felt like a private concert!

Find a Celebrity Summit Cruise from $338