3. Carnival Paradise
If you want an easy trip out of Tampa, this is decent. I am not saying great--just decent. The check in was easy and quick and the rooms were ready when we checked in at 1:30pm. We were able to bring wine in during check in and they really did not review the amount that we had in our bags. (In case you bring in more than you are allotted?) If you enjoy updated rooms, you may not want to be on the Riveria floor. The rooms are in need of serious updates. The orange counter tops, closets, and drawers were scratched up and very dingy!! The carpet was in need of a really good cleaning or replacement. Also- The phone hanging on the wall worked if you knew what phone numbers to dial--as the designated buttons did not work. Plus--do not expect the steward to correct that situation. (I just ended up calling his number for most things and he would give me the correct number to dial. How about an update???) The positive is that the space is fine for two people and our bed was comfortable which is very important to me. Not sure what the rooms look like on other floors but I must say that the photos they illustrate must be of rooms that have been updated. Muster Station - The staff took this too seriously and treated us like we were in grade school. We were all instructed to sit in silence while we waited for everyone to get to their stations. They also instructed us not to take photos during this silent time as there were many other opportunities to take photos? Then one of the staff scolded people because they were taking photos. Seriously?? I have had other experiences on Princess where we could all chat while we waited for the actual announcements. The food was decent and our servers were great. Dorita in the Destiny Dining Room was fun and attentive! Unfortunately---the casino smoke permeates out into the other bars nearby which makes it difficult to enjoy some of those nearby bars. It just seems that other ships have a better way to contain the smoke and smell. Plus - not all of the bars were open at all times? This OLD SHIP was definitely having ISSUES. It seemed the ship was unable to stay steady and was tilting over to one side a couple of days. All the people in our group felt off balance and slightly nauseated. Plus, we were an hour late to Cozumel and they explained due to strong currents? After speaking to other cruiser about this issue, they seemed to indicate that this was the first time that they have ever been late to a port. NOTE- the weather was great and we did not have any rain until we docked back in Tampa. Overall, we had a great time because we were with good friends and are all pretty easy going. If you are looking for a cheap cruise out of Tampa, it was decent. Have also cruised on Ruby Princess and Celebrity Constellation. (Much nicer ships)

Cheap Cruising out of Tampa