CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

nubianloks
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jan 2007
Cabin: Balcony

First off I'd like to say that I had a wonderful vacation! After reading many of the reviews for the dawn, I was a bit nervous and concerned because a great deal of the comments were negative. I am glad that I went with an opened mind. My trip was great. I left from NYC on 1/28/07 and returned on 2/8/07. I will try my best to give as much details as possible.

Embarkation: My mother and I arrived to the pier around 1pm. NCl staff was very organized. There were a lot of people but the lines were moving. I noticed a separate line for people who cruised with NCL before. I'm not certain how fast their line was moving. I would say it took about an hour for the whole process. Not bad at all.

Ship: The dawn is absolutely beautiful. I liked the rich bright colors and contemporary decor.This ship is pretty big, I still don't think I found everything. Everything looked clean. I noticed the staff was constantly picking up after people; whether it was paper on the floor or trays in the buffet, they made sure the ship stayed clean.

Balcony