3. Royal Princess

Hope Princess is reading this post to make improvements since DW & I prefer sailing w/ them.

The Good: The ship is impressive, especially Piazza. Food in Traditional dining was very good , like the old days of cruising. Do the Alfredo's pizza, among the best. Big screen TV to see the movies after they play on MUTS. Great to have done the cruise just prior to trans-Atlantic since had two entertainment crews on board so saw more shows.

The Bad: We walk but lack of stairs in mid section of ships does cause elevator issues. Ventilation system in cabins do not really adjust, can only get cool air at one temperature. Air volume not adjustable except at "max cool" and then get noticeably more air.

The Ugly: Even though I had noticed Princess ahead of time of my shellfish allergies and they had acknowledged, I still developed a rash. I was given the menu one day prior to see if there were acceptable choices and of course there were, and I carefully selected non-shellfish entries but still for first time on Princess got rash from the food. I think that they are not being careful of letting shellfish mix with other foods or of reusing the same cooking oils.

Good, bad , and ugly

Royal Princess Cruise Review by shipsealand

shipsealand’s Full Rating Summary

Very boring , not elegant like Ruby or other ships prior to Royal. Lack of quality of workmanship.

Royal Princess Deck Plans