3. Carnival Magic
I have been on several cruises- so decided to book a cruise for my Mom's 75th birthday and a sisters 50th birthday. There were 13 members of the family, most had not cruised before and saved for a year to take this cruise with my Mom. Two of those members were in wheelchairs. What a disappointment! Once we were onboard, the elevators were few and far between because the crew was getting luggage to the cabins. I have not been on a ship that did this as people were trying to make their way to cabins and something to eat and drink. One might think having a BIG screen pool side would be a terrific idea! Think again! Trying to have a conversation with anyone other than yourself was impossible. The Big screen was so loud ALL DAY you could not sit and have a conversation. If I wanted to WATCH TV I'd stayed at home! Not to mention old sitcoms re-runs of re-runs ALL DAY and oh, did I mention how LOUD it was? Yes- a MOVIE in the evening was nice- but LOUD TV ALL DAY was not. The coffee machines in the buffet dining were constantly broken. Had to go to the far back of the ship to get coffee several times. One or another of the coffee machines down EVERY morning-not a good thing. They should get new ones instead of trying to baby them along cruise after cruise. Pool side women's restroom had bare wires sticking out of the wall where a hand dryer was. Were these hot wires? They were not capped or even taped. The staff was very accommodating with furnishing a room for our Birthday parties. We brought our own decorations (but you can purchase Carnivals) we purchased a cake from the Sweet Shop (very good)and the room was furnished with ice water, cups, plates and silverware. This was the first time that I had a cove cabin. I must say I liked it. Closer to the water and when it rained we were protected overhead. Plenty of storage There wasn't a day that we had ice in the ice bucket in our cabin. We had to track someone down each time we needed ice. The dining room staff was excellent and enjoyed the food! The night before disembarking- the same scenario with the elevators, few and far between as the crew was moving luggage. UGH! Because of the fog on our return to Galveston, we were held at sea for approx. two hours longer, but disembarking was as smooth as it could be under the circumstances.

Won't cruise on Carnival Magic again

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by bsdurkin

• Sail Date: January 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
Yes- a MOVIE in the evening was nice- but LOUD TV ALL DAY was not.
hot wires? They were not capped or even taped.
The dining room staff was excellent and enjoyed the food!
disembarking was as smooth as it could be under the circumstances.

bsdurkin’s Full Rating Summary