3. Carnival Triumph
I've cruised with Carnival 12 times (love the Magic) but this was our first time on the Triumph. Platinum perks were great - very fast embarkation and debarkation, chocolate strawberries in room. This was our first suite and I loved the room and all the storage space. The jacuzzi tub was so-so, a little too tall for a shorty to step into comfortably and I kinda missed the convenience of the shower stall. The vanity area was awesome! Enough mirrors to easily see the back of your hair! Food on the Triumph was good, We did breakfast in the MDR and enjoyed the quiet - never did dinner there because it's always been so tediously slow on other ships. The Guy's burgers are truly the best I've ever had! And the burrito/taco place was also very, very good. The deli was a little disappointing. We always like the turkey wrap and reubens on the Magic but apparently the staff here didn't really know how to make these sandwiches correctly (is it still a reuben without sauerkraut??) I must mention, too, that the Carnival staff always impress me. Our room steward, Roberto, always had a smile on his face and we encountered many pleasant people in the Lido dining area. We were on the 7th floor just outside the elevators and got the full show coming through our door vents until very late although we heard very little from the elevators. Didn't really matter since the 2 sisters in the cabin next to us were party animals talking very loudly in the hall and even drunkenly banging on their door in the wee hours of the morning (if you leave your key, just go to guest services!) I was disappointed to find the Red Frog Pub outside on the Lido deck. On the Magic, it's a cozy, comfy bar sheltered inside. On the Lido deck on the Triumph, it was waaaaaaay too LOUD, crowded and exposed to the weather to enjoy so - we didn't. All in all, any cruise is a good cruise, but the Triumph is not for us. Our biggest negative is that for whatever reason, we smelled sewage in several spots around the ship. It was always present every time we raised the toilet lid but we also smelled it in the atrium and other spots. Apparently, others noticed it as well since another guest mentioned it to me. I'm always eager to try different ships, but I will mark the Triumph off my list for future cruises.

Nice suite; smelly ship

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by granno

granno’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Triumph price drops

Nice suite but door vents allow all the downstairs show noise into room. Toilet reeked of sewage smell.
  Carnival Triumph Deck Plans