3. Norwegian Epic

This was my second time on the Epic. I went back for the fact that I am a solo traveler and the studio rooms are perfect for me.

Rooms - The studios are small (duh) but perfectly adequate for me and the funky lighting was a cool touch.

Solo Lounge - This is great - every day there would be a happy hour where the solo travelers would mingle. This was a major selling point for me (Listen up other cruise lines!!!)

Restaurants - I prefer the specialty restaurants to get away from the masses. I cannot even begin to describe how great Le Bistro was. It was so good! Cagneys was okay as was the Italian place. I didn't do the Asian ones.

Bars - They are good except the guy playing piano in Shakers should be drawn and quartered.

Kids - Yeah they are everywhere (did you notice the giant slides?). Spice H20 gets you away somewhat but (inside info!) get there early and pay the $59 for a week pass to the Posh Beach Club. WOW! No kids, quiet, always a lounge and shade and a bar right there! Do it!

Negatives - The ship does not flow well. The architects were obviously doing shots as they worked their way up the decks when designing it. A promenade would be nice and - yes - the casino placement is dumb.

Overall - If you are a solo traveler, you cannot go wrong here! If you want to be alone, you can and if you want to be around others, you will be.

Can I go back now? :)

Bill

Overall a great time - Solo Traveler

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by az_diver

Can I go back now? :)

Bill

az_diver’s Full Rating Summary

Studios were great for solo travelers. Make sure to get one away from the crew stairwell/elevator. These are louder!

Norwegian Epic Deck Plans

• Beach Break

I booked a day at Almaplena beach resort. (Google them). It was fantastic! Quiet, secluded and serene. There were only maybe 20 people on the entire beach as far as you could see. This is a very small eco resort and it was just what I needed. Probably not great for kids who get bored but perfect for adults!

View All 225 Beach Break Reviews