3. Norwegian Breakaway

Embarkation:

We left for our trip on Easter Sunday and had a limo service take us up to NYC. We got there no problem and checked in with no problem too. We had to wait in the terminal for a little while, because the ship wasn't ready yet, but we did get on a little after 12.

Dining:

Every single meal we had on this ship was great! The first night we ate at teppanyaki, which was probably the best meal we had on the ship, it was outstanding! And the last night we ate at moderno, which had some really good meat, especially the steak. Those were the only two specialty restaurants we ate at. The buffet was awesome, so many choices! We ate there for breakfast almost every morning. All of their meals were really good. Savor and taste were excellent too! We had dinner at both and breakfast once at savor. Very nice restaurants. O'sheehans was good too. A very nice casual simple food restaurant. All the food on this ship was awesome!

Entertainment:

We saw the second city comedy show, the comedy and magic of Michael finney, rock of ages, burn the floor, and cirque dreams jungle fantasy. They were all great shows, I can't pick a favorite! However rock of ages is not for young kids, keep that in mind.

Recreation:

All the water slides were great, very fun! However, my only complaint about the ship is here, they need either a bigger pool or another pool. There are only 2 pools and 4,000 people on the ship. And one pool is for adults only. The ropes course was awesome! Very exciting and thrilling!

Service:

I would say 90% of the crew on the ship were very helpful and friendly. I encountered a few grouchy ones, but for the most part they were all outstanding. They are all hard workers! Our housekeeper was the best!

So, I would recommend this ship to ANYONE. This was my families first cruise and we loved it! However, since this was our first cruise I don't think we'll go in this ship anytime soon, only because we would like to try different ports and see what other cruise lines and ships have to offer. I know I didn't talk about everything on the ship, but if I didn't talk about it, it probably means that aspect of the ship was outstanding!

Best vacation I've ever been on!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Jarhead4

Entertainment:

Recreation:

Service:

Jarhead4’s Full Rating Summary

We got a large balcony room because we read the balconies were small and I definitely saw that. We did like our balcony though. It had 2 chairs, a table, and a lounge chair. It was very spacious. Our room was great and our housekeeper was great. Everything about the room was excellent!

Norwegian Breakaway Deck Plans