3. Brilliance of the Seas

My husband, 8 year old son and I just returned from a 4 night cruise to Cozumel on the Brilliance of the Seas. The cruise was not bad but then again, not that great. In full disclosure I must say I cruised on the Celebrity Constellation March 2014, so taking another cruise so soon after it, on a lesser ship and cruise line made RCCL's "Brilliance" seem like a weekend at the Holiday Inn.

Don't misunderstand, the "Brilliance" is clean, attractive and easy to get around however the pool deck is SMALL. And the amount of kids, there must have been a million of the little buggers! Even though there is a pool and water slide for children they all wanted to crowd around the main pool. The Solarium has an adult only pool which is nice but finding an available lounge chair to use is brutal.

On a high note the food was very good in the Windjammer Cafe and the MDR; room service is a little slow but hey, it's room service, and free. In the MDR my family was served by a lovely woman by the name Suzette. She made sure our every need was met and went above and beyond for my son.

The stateroom attendant was rarely seen but he kept the room looking good, no idea what his name was as he did not introduce himself.

The musicians on the ship were quite good, my favorite was "Soulful Pleasures". The Centrum is a nice place to have a glass of wine and watch others dance. The shows in the main theater were just okay.

Overall the cruise was fine but crowded. My advice, spend a bit more and book with Celebrity.

Not bad but....

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Johnismyboy

Johnismyboy’s Full Rating Summary

Decent cabin size and closet space.

Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans