• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Cambos
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2014
Cabin:

Having previously only sailed on P&O or Princess lines we found the Carnival Spirit very closed in.

I have tried to be polite and say that the décor was ornate but really I found a lot of it just plain tacky. Too much and too varied. The Carnival is a big ship so there was still plenty of quiet spots to sit out of the traffic, but I found the ceiling felt quite low and the ornate light fittings made me want to duck.

My son is 6'5" tall and he barely cleared the ceilings.

We had an obstructed view cabin which was great for the price, same cost as an inside with the benefit of natural light. Great value and comfortable.The room was great as there were 3 of us and with the sofa bed we did not have to worry about using a top bunk. I got the sofa and wondered if I would sleep ok but it was surprisingly comfy with a firm foam mattress that just wrapped around me. The extra bed meant less draw and hanging space. As we were on board for only 5 days this was not an issue but would be for longer trips.

1 Helpful Vote