Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by blsky
- Sail Date: April 2014
- Destination: Bahamas
PLEASE don't waste your money on this trip. The stops are awful and the ship is not comfortable. Save some extra money and take a cruise out of FL for beach lovers and for history/scenic beauty, we loved our Celebrity cruise out of Barcelona!!!!
1. Main Gatsby dining room/park cafe fairly good food and service
2. Comedy shows pretty good
3. Room attendants were hard working and pleasant
Cons (not RCI fault):
1. Weather terrible for 50% of trip (freezing 2 days and rain/wind on Nassau port day)
2. People spreading Norovirus (some people blame ship-but always a risk you take on a trip)
3. Sunglasses sitting beside water bottle and jacket were stolen in the fitness center
4. Typical BS of pool chairs being taken all day. B/c of weather the solarium was the problem. I was in and out all day (not holding a chair) Would see chairs from 8am to 5pm without a person in them but for maybe an hour. SELFISH If people would just come and go all day there would be plenty for all.
CONS (completely the fault of cruise line-RCI):
1. Windjammer is a joke. No place to sit and a zoo on sea days.
2. Would have appreciated the option of re-scheduling the cruise since the ship came in sick on April 5 when we boarded. They gave that option to the cruisers leaving April 12. We were not so lucky. 3 out of the 10 people we were with got sick. Their sick clinic charged $5 for for my child's Tylenol. Disgusting. We were all healthy when boarding!!!!!!
3. Restaurants that charge extra were taking up valuable floor space. Oasis and Liberty can handle this, Grandeur can't. We were also bombarded with a pesky/pushy salesman pitch for the restaurants while trying to enjoy drinks and a trivia game with friends.
4. Tried to enjoy spa treatment for birthday and was treated to the spa trying to sell me their products for the whole hour. REALLY RCI would that be relaxing for you?????? Ridiculous
5. Loud construction repair on the pool deck above our room. Went on even the at sea days. Blocked off part of the pool deck/walkway and made our room crazy noisy.
6. This is the BIGGEST CON: Tender operation at Coco Cay was so disorganized and a crazy mess. We were not able to get off the boat until 12:30 pm, and were forced to return by 4:30 pm. What a joke. I did try to enjoy the little time we had there. Saw some beautiful fish and swam over a sting ray.
7. Our room was very uncomfortable and the panoramic window view that we paid extra for looked like it had not been cleaned since 2000. I'm sure prisons have more comfortable sofas. It was like sitting on a brick. Shower the most dysfunctional of our 3 cruises.
8. Our teens literally had nowhere to go, but the pool. The 18 yr old wasn't allowed in the teen lounge and the younger ones weren't allowed in other adult areas. The 13 yr old tried to register for ping pong tournament and was denied by staff member(and he is good- won school tournament). The kids wanted a place to play cards, etc. kept getting run out of places. They really tried to enjoy themselves, but it shouldn't have to be such hard work. And they are well behaved kids, not being wild or destructive.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Review
250,000+ people have entered their email