3. Queen Victoria
We have cruised with several different lines. In fact this was our 7th cruise, but the first with Cunard. And I'm sorry but it will be our last. You cannot fault the food and the waiting service. The ship was clean and tidy. But there was just nothing to do! If you did not play whist, bridge, advanced bridge or cribbage - if you did not ballroom dance - if you did not want to attend lectures on plate tectonics - then there is very little else to do. Oh, there were the large number of quiz games each day. There was bingo. There was Wii if you wanted to organise that yourself, but really not much else. Onboard there were eight dancers and four singers. Over twenty days they did three 45 minute shows (love to have their job). There were two ventriloquists who did impressions. One was very good - the other did impressions of himself doing bad impressions of others. One comedian who was excellent and a couple of mediocre singers. All up nine shows over twenty nights. One had to wear a jacket every night regardless of the temperature. And it was uncomfortably hot in the tropics. The air conditioning was pretty much non existent. And my favourite thing. Two folks asked to leave the dance floor because the dancing they were doing was just not suitably ballroom. I could go on about finding that my cabin had been left open by the steward, or that the gang plank fell off the ship at San Francisco leaving many of us soaked from the heavy rain and without out information or support for over two hours stranded in a cold wharf building, or the unhelpful purser who dismissed our concerns at not being able to contact our bank as " our problem" - I could but I think I'd rather just vote with my money and spend it elsewhere for our next adventure. I would not recommend this as a good way to spend your hard earned money.

Bored - bored - bored!

Queen Victoria Cruise Review by Bluenjg

I would not recommend this as a good way to spend your hard earned money.
Bluenjg’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Victoria price drops

Cabin was suitable. However it was left insecure by our steward one day. The air conditioning did not seem to be working and it became uncomfortably hot.
  Queen Victoria Deck Plans

• Hilo
    Cunard set us free and there was little by way of assistance or organisation. I accept that it is not really their responsibility. But someone needed to. Buses were loaded in the car park where trucks, taxis and buses arrived and departed. No lines and no one taking control. Masses of people crushing the infrequent buses to the local downtown area. The resultant disorganised chaos resulted in two elderly male passengers coming to blows and an elderly lady being knocked over. Many frustrated people that day. And - hey security guard. You could have stepped up here that day. And at the end of the bus drive? Walmart! The free WiFi at Starbucks. Most folks ended up there. Wouldn't rush back.
    View All 548 Hilo Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Hilo Cruise Port Review
  • Hop On Hop Off Trolley
    If Hilo was a disorganised underwhelming disappointment, this place could not possibly be more different. Well organised. Professional, helpful people and a brilliant sight seeing tour on the hop on hop off open bus. Excellent driver/tour guide. Really knew his stuff. Plenty to see and do. Great shopping as well. Highly recommend. Would love to go back.
    View All 20 Hop On Hop Off Trolley Reviews
  • Pago Pago
    Small but clean and friendly. Good place if you wish to wander off on your own. Ship berths right at the township. Neat little market nearby. Primitive Post Office but very helpful staff. No free Wifi nearby. Would be happy to return here.
    View All 51 Pago Pago Cruise Port Reviews