3. Celebrity Constellation

Ship is nice and clean. Its a good looking ship that felt new and cared for. The food was very ehh. We ate in the ocean-liners restaurant which is the most expensive on the ship -- $45./pp and it was very mediocre, my onion soup actually tasted as if it had been prepared in a hospital cafeteria. Also had aqua class which is a waste of money. Dining in Blu is tight at best. If my wife asked me a question the next table could easily answer.

I would not pay the extra money for aqua class. Just use the lasiotherapy pool and don't worry about the super hot room with chilling water. The crowd was a very odd mix indeed. We are veteran cruisers in our 40's and 50's and we have never seen such a random and motley mix of people. With the exception of a small few most of these travelers absolutely did not care how they looked or how loud they sounded.

Good people watching it was not.

The shows were the same cruise ship shows that are shown so many times before. The magician was good and comic was stereotypical humor, and the dancers were, well, cruise ship dancers.

Staff was good and room was fine. The port of cozumel consists of one vendor after another trying to sell you something. Key west was lovely. When are they going to do away with this cruise stuff from the 80's?

Are not we good with art auctions? And buying these crappy watches for $19 (that sell regularly for $200).

And the endless upwelling? Somehow cruises have gotten away from the ship mentality and have become mall mentality.

Overall, the ship was fine but if you are off on this vacation, better to bring your wallet and leave your brain.

Cruise was okay if you were brain dead...

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by cruisedad007

• Sail Date: April 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas

Good people watching it was not.

cruisedad007’s Full Rating Summary