3. Silver Cloud

My husband and I are frequent cruisers and cruise 2 to 3 tmes a year. We have cruised on the Wind, Spirit, Whisper, and Shadow. Out last cruise in February 2014 was an enormous disappointment and a total disaster. We embarked in Buenos Aires and we sailed up the coast of Brazil to Barbados.

Our cabins were quite nice on deck 6. The walking closet makes a difference in our choice of cruiseline and the accommodations in Silversea are very nice. We also like small ships because of the intimate atmosphere.

We were quite taken aback, after cruising with them for so many years, at the cuts in staff. The waiters looked overworked and not very happy. They tried to be attentive and did their best to make our cruise special. But, it was clear they are understaffed.

We travel with a fiend who is handicapped and wanting to debark the ship was a problem. There was no assistance to help him down the gangway. We neede to call reception and make an appointment to get him off the ship. This was totally ridiculous.

two days into the trip the AC malfuntioned throughout the ship. Many passengers had to endure the whole trip without any AC. Toilets were not working to the point that a friend whom we met on board had to use the hallway toilets in the middle of the night.

Deck 6 had leaks and many passengers had leaks in their cabins. We were fortunate not to have any.

The food was mediocre and selections were poor. Fish was poor quality and the beef very hard and tasteless. Wine selection is always good. Close to the end of the cruise they ran out of lettuce and produce and had to get from a Holland America anchored in French Guiana.

The shore excursions were quite expensive for what they offered and port guides were poorly trained.

The worse part was upon debarkation. As is customary, I left my suitcases outside my cabin on deck 6. That was the last I saw of my suitcases. Upon debarking I immediately noticed that one of my suitcases was missing. I informed the staff immediately. The ground staff in Barbados could have cared less. They were not interested in helping me find my bag. Needless to say, it was nevere recovered. It boggles my mind that with 240 passengers they managed to lose my suitcase. Lost or stolen you decide, but truly a total fiasco. But, the attitude of Silversea was the worse. The have a SECURITY issue that seems unimportant to them.

Needless to say, we will never travel on Silversea again. All my efforts and mail to Mr. Kristian Anderson, General Manager, have remained unanswered and that is quite unprofessional.

This is certainly no Chateau & Relais.

Silversea a Total Disappointment

Silver Cloud Cruise Review by DRiera

This is certainly no Chateau & Relais.

DRiera’s Full Rating Summary

Cabins are quite nice and walking closet makes a big difference.

Silver Cloud Deck Plans