3. Marco Polo
We have just returned from the Northern Lights cruise and were extremely lucky to have an excellent view of them. This was our first cruise and to be honest probably our last. We are used to renting a self catering apartment and a car to do our own thing. The cruise reminded us of Butlins from the seventies, set times for everything and rather dated entertainment, although the duo in Scotts bar during the evening were very good, particularly Lilli Moore, the singer ( I recommend her rendition of Mack the Knife) The food was very good and the staff, apart from the odd one, were excellent although the officers were a bit standoffish. You will be plagued by photographers but you are not obliged to buy. The drinks on board were a rip off, £5 for a glass of poor quality house wine for example, which varied in size depending on the barman. A bottle at dinner requires a spend of at least £20 for something worth drinking. The cocktails also vary in size and quality. I suggest you take good quality teabags with you as Lyons tea is somewhat bland. If you wish to partake in excursions then please check the Internet as they are a lot cheaper and many of the trips ashore can be done by free shuttle bus, local buses and trains. You must have good medical insurance as the cost of treatment on the ship will give you a coronary when you get the bill! I know it is easy to criticise but the majority of passengers were pensioners, as I am, and we have to count the pennies so be aware of the costs I have mentioned. Overall we enjoyed the trip and I would recommend the ship but we will not be back.

Good but on board expenses high.

Marco Polo Cruise Review by slimboyfat51

You will be plagued by photographers but you are not obliged to buy.
slimboyfat51’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Marco Polo price drops

Compact, clean with sufficient storage space. The TV was small and old however you can turn it off and listen to the conversation from the occupants in the next cabin as there is no soundproofing.
  Marco Polo Deck Plans