• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

mross0822
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Aug 2013
Cabin:

This was my second cruise with Carnival cruise lines, and it was intended as a short weekend getaway. I was celebrating my birthday as well, so it was myself, my boyfriend and 2 friends who were onboard.

The ship was small- there are only 10 decks as it's usually just a weekend trip cruise ship of 3-4 night itineraries. It's also one of the older ships in the fleet. This wasn't a concern for me when booking, and there weren't any serious issues with the boat or anything, but it's obvious that it is an older ship. It's very cramped- I felt like they over-booked in terms of passengers. Most of the time we were at the pool, there were so many people it was impossible to even swim. It was mainly treading water. The pools are smaller and they don't have as much deck space, so unless you get to a chair area early in the morning, you will either be under the awnings (ok if you don't want sun) or on the above decks having to walk up and down stairs to get into the pool.

I also felt like this was the quintessential "party ship" in terms of passengers and focus. There was always someone with a megaphone in hand hosting a party or contest on the main pool area, so it became difficult to relax and unwind unless you were back in the adults only area. That was one area of the ship that I was sufficiently pleased with- the chairs were plush and it was quiet. They had options under cover and also several deck chairs where you could catch some rays. There was always someone there to serve you drinks or anything else you requested. The only improvement I could have made to the area was I would have liked to see a pool back there for adults only.

The room was small and cramped once they moved the beds together to form a queen bed. I know there is an option to leave the beds separate, but I didn't want to sleep in a separate bed from my boyfriend with whom I was traveling. I felt there was little to no walk-room after this was accomplished however. The room I stayed in seems to be one of the smaller cabins on deck, and there were no options for balcony rooms when I booked. It was OK for a 3 day cruise, but for a longer cruise I would definitely make sure to be in a bigger cabin.

Find a Carnival Imagination Cruise