Costa Luminosa Cruise Review

Amazing cruise!! Ignore the negative reviews.

Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by imsobeachy

• Sail Date: Mar 2014
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

This was an amazing cruise!! I was really nervous after reading the recent negative reviews. I must say this was my favorite cruise to date. Perfect ports, great mixture of port days and sea days, good food, extremely clean ship, and great entertainment. Mateo was by far my favorite entertainer. He played piano and saxophone, and had an amazing voice. Loved him! :) Best bartender, hands down, was Edgar! He made our ship time fun and went the extra mile on customer service.

Yes, it's an Italian ship. Yes, they speak Italian. Hello?! I did not have a problem communicating with anyone, as they speak English as well. There were designated smoking sections and I did not find cigarette smoke to be a problem at all on this ship. I have found Carnival and Royal Caribbean to be much worse.

If I had to come up with negatives it would be the late dinner seating at 8:45 lasted until 10:30 due to slow service. However, we loved the people seated with us, and came to enjoy our nightly conversations. Both pool areas were small and could have had a better layout. The back pool bar was understaffed.

10 days in the Caribbean!! Who could complain?!

imsobeachy's Full Rating Summary

Cabin was very spacious with a nice layout.

imsobeachy